140 Prospect ave, 3A
Hackensack, NJ 07601
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position that will enable me to utilize my engineering abilities, my strong organizational/ leadership skills, and the knowledge from other experiences to contribute to the company.
1/2012 Present Resident Assistant NJIT Residence Life
· Evaluated and responded to the needs of 60+ residents on floor
· Provided advising on personal, academic, and career concerns
· Planned and Implemented educational, social, and recreational programs
· Enforced and upheld university policies
2/2011 9/2012 Center for Academic and Personal Enrichment (CAPE Learning Center) - Tutor
· Tutored students from rudimentary math to Calculus III, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Probability and statistics, and more.
· Additionally tutored Chemistry, Physics, and other subjects during exam times.
9/2010 Present NJIT Student Ambassador - Trainer
· Conducted tours to prospective and admitted students on a weekly basis / train other ambassadors
· Represent NJIT on and off campus during Open Houses and other events
5/2008 Present Scotch Plains Rescue Squad INC. - Volunteer EMT
· Responded to 911 calls in Scotch Plains, NJ and neighboring towns.
SKILLS: Engineering Software: LabView, MATLAB, Simulink, Data Acquisition Toolbox, Robotics Toolbox
Basic Computing: Windows 95/2000/XP/Vista/7, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
9/2012-Present New Product Development
· Provisional patent pending: Developed a brand new vascular catheter that will enhance surgeons diagnostic capabilities while performing a surgery;
· Gained experience in product design, requirement documents, and filing patents.
9/2011-9/2012 Independent Research Applied Physics w/ Electro-Spinning
· Studying the unknown fundamentals of a widely used process to create 3D fibrous mats
· Bringing together fundamentals of many different fields to understand a simple but known process
· Created a new format for collecting Nano-fibers that yielded a higher density per unit area.
2/2011-5/2011 Medical Device Concept Laboratory
· Learned and performed basic cell planting and cell culturing
· Designed different types of 2D and 3D mats for planting cells
5/2010-10/2010 Literature Research for Trigeminal Neuralgia (UMDNJ, Dept. of Neurosurgery)
· Gathered research on different types of procedures for curing trigeminal neuralgia
9/2009-12/2009 Fine Needle Aspiration Thyroid Biopsy
· Designed and constructed a robot to perform this task by programming it with MatLab
· Created and designed a 3D piece to be attached to the robot.
· The biopsy procedure was presented to the BME department and the project was featured at Fall 2009 NJIT Open House for the BME Department
AWARDS/HONORS: Deans List (since enrollment), DCU Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship, Honors Scholarship, National Residence Hall Honorary, Delta Epsilon Iota (Academic Honors Society), Scott Christensen Award
EDUCATION: New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey
B.S. Biomedical Engineering (BME), Minoring in Applied Mathematics
Expected Graduation: May 2013
Albert Dorman Honors College - GPA: 3.45
· Residence Hall Association, Treasurer [2010-2011], 2 term President [2011-Present]
o As President for 2 terms, lead the initiative to make the food at campus better
§ Founded and Chaired the Food Committee for 3 years
o Advised and made recommendation for the construction of a new residence hall
o Increased activities available to residents by implementing Friday Nights at ResLife
o Addressed many communication issues to the senior administration on behalf of all residents
o Lead an effort to improve lighting and security in and around campus
· Emergency Medical Services Society, Co-Founder, President [2011-2012]
o Educated students about Emergency Medical Services
o Raised First Aid awareness on campus
· Alpha Phi Omega (AΦΩ - Service Fraternity), Pledge Educator [2011-2013]
· National Residence Hall Honorary, Treasurer [2011-Present]
· Relay For Life, Planning Committee [2010-2012] & Team Captain [2009-2012]
· Delta Epsilon Iota (DEI Academic Honor Society), VP of Finance [2011 2012]