Department of Mathematical Sciences
New Jersey Institute of Technology
e-mail: aw224 "at" njit "dot" edu
DMS1106608 (PI: Wang, Antai) 07/15/2011-06/30/2014 0.6 calendar NSF $140000 Analysis of Survival Data using Copula Models The main objective of this research is to use Archimedean copula models to analyze survival data. The proposed strategies are useful in medical research and financial data analysis. Role: Principal Investigator
R01CA120979-05 (PI: Wang, Timothy C.) 09/01/2011-08/31/2016 0.6 calendar NIH/NCI $732,889 Stem Cells and the Origins of Barrett's Esophagus The overall goal of this application is to investigate the role of bone marrow-derived stem cells in the development and progression of gastric cancer. Role: Biostatistician
1R01ES020344-01A1 (PI: Bickers, David R) 04/16/2012 to 01/31/2017 0.6 calendar NIH/EHS $225,000 Mechanism-based abrogation of BCC pathogenesis In this proposal we will test the hypothesis that there are cooperative interactions between Akt1 and Shh pathways that converge on the mTOR, and that blocking both Shh and Akt1 pathways is necessary to successfully block BCC pathogenesis. Role: Biostatistician
4. Wang A (2014) “Properties of the Marginal Survival Functions for Dependent Censored Data under an assumed Archimedean Copula” Journal of Multivariate Analysis 129, 57-68.
5. Wang A (2012) “On the nonidentifiability property of Archimedean copula models” Statistics and Probability Letters 82 621-625.
6. Flexman ML, Vlachos F, Kim HK, Sirsi S, Huang J, Hernandez SL, Johung TJ, Gander JW, Reichstein AR, Lampl BS, Wang A, Borden M, Yamashiro DJ, Kandel JJ, Hielscher AH (2012) “Monitoring Early Tumor Response to Drug Therapy with Diffuse Optical Tomography” Journal of Biomedical Optics (In Press).
7. Wang X, Li G, Wang A, Zhang Z, Merchan JR and Halmos B. (2011) “Combined Histone Deacetylase and Cyclooxygenase Inhibition Achieves Enhanced Antiangiogenic Effects in Lung Cancer Cells” Molecular Carcinogenesis (In Press).
8. Hershman DL, Weimer LH, Wang A, Kranwinkel G, Brafman L, Fuentes, D., Awad, D, Crew, KD (2011) Association between patient reported outcomes and quantitative sensory tests for measuring long-term neurotoxicity in breast cancer survivors treated with adjuvant paclitaxel chemotherapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011 Feb;125(3):767-74.
9. Jones LP, Sampson A, Kang HJ, Kim HJ, Yi YW, Kwon SY, Babus JK, Wang A and Bae I (2010) “Loss of BRCA1 leads to an increased sensitivity to Bisphenol A”. Toxicology Letters 199(3): 261-268
10. Dhir M, Lyden ER, Wang A, Smith LM, Ullrich F, Are C (2011) “Influence of Margins on Overall Survival following Hepatic Resection for Colorectal Liver Metastasis: A Meta-analysis”. Annals of Surgery (In Press and Published online)
11. Dybaa M, Wang A, Noone AM, Goerlitza D, Shields P, Zheng Y, Rivlin R, Chung FL (2010) “Metabolism of isothiocyanates in individuals with positive and null GSTT1 and M1 genotypes after drinking watercress juice”. Clinical Nutrition (In Press and Published Online).
12. Wang, A (2010) “Goodness-of-fit tests for Archimedean copula models” Statistica Sinica 20, 441- 453.
13. Cavalli LR, Riggins RB, Wang A, Clarke R, Haddad BR (2009) "Frequent loss of heterozygosity at the interferon regulatory factor-1 gene locus in breast cancer" Breast Cancer Research and Treatment (In Press and Published Online).
14. Muhlbradt E., Asatiani E, Ortner E, Wang A, Gelmann E. (2009) "NKX3.1 Activates Expression of Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding." Cancer Research 69(6) 2615-2622.
15. Davison S., Dayan JH, Clemens MW, Smitha S, Wang A, Crane A. (2009) "Efficacy of Intralesional 5-Fluorouracil and Triamcinolone in the Treatment of Keloids." Aesthetic Surgery Journal 29(1) 40-46.
16. Wang A, Oakes D (2008) "Some properties of the Kendall distribution in bivariate Archimedean copula models under censoring." Statistics and Probability Letters 78(16) 2578-2583.
17. Wang A (2008) “A Note on Checking the Clayton Model Assumption Based on Left truncated Bivariate Data.” Statistics and Probability Letters 78 (10) 1168-1173.
18. Clarke R, Ressom HW, Wang A, Xuan J, Liu M, Gehan E, Wang Y. (2008) “The Properties of Very High Dimensional Data Spaces: Implications for Exploring Gene and Protein Expression Data.” Nature Reviews Cancer 8, 37-49.
19. Wang A (2007) “The Analysis of Bivariate Truncated Data Using the Clayton Copula Model.” The International Journal of Biostatistics 3(1) Article 8.
20. Goldman R, Ressom HW, Abdel-Hamid M, Goldman L, Wang A, Varghese RS, An Y, Loffredo CA, Drake SK, Eissa SA, Gouda I, Ezzat S, and Seillier-Moiseiwitsch F. (2007) “ Candidate Markers for the detection of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in low-molecular weight fraction of serum” Carcinogenesis 28 650(1):55-62.
21. Saha D, Davidson B, Wang A, Pollock A, Orden RA, Goldman R. (2007) “Quantification of DNA repair capacity in whole blood of patients with head and neck cancer and healthy donors by comet assay.” Mutat Res. 28, 2149-2153.
22. Lehnes K, Winder AD, Alfonso C, Kasid N, Simoneaux M, Summe H, Morgan E, Iann MC, Duncan J, Eagan M, Tavaluc R, Evans CH, Russell JR, Wang A, Hu F, and Stoica A. (2007) “The Effect of Estradiol on in Vivo Tumorigenesis Is Modulated by the Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2/Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase/Akt1 Pathway” Endocrinology, Mar 2007; 148: 1171 – 1180.
23. Martin MB, Reiter R, Johnson M, Shah MS, Iann MC, Singh B, Richards JK, Wang A, Stoica A. (2007) “Effects of tobacco smoke condensate on estrogen Receptor- Gene Expression and Activity.” Endocrinology 148 4676-4686.
24. Fishbein T, Novitskiy G, Mishra L, Matsumoto C, Kaufman S, Goyal S, Shetty K, Johnson L, Lu A, Wang A, Hu F, Kallakury B, Lough D, and Zasloff M. (2008) “Nod 2 expressing bone marrow derived cells appear to regulate epithelial innate immunity of the transplanted human small intestine.” Gut 57, 323-330.
25. Zhu Y, Wang A, Liu MC, Zwart A, Lee RY, Gallagher A, Wang Y, Miller WR, Dixon JM and Clarke R. (2006) “Estrogen receptor alpha (ER) positive breast tumors and breast cancer cell lines share similarities in their transcriptome data structures” International Journal of Oncology. 29(6):1581-9.
26. Zhu Y, Singh B, Hewitt S, Liu A, Gomez B, Wang A and Clarke R. (2006) “Expression Patterns among Proteins Associated with Endocrine Responsiveness in Breast Cancer:interferon regulatory factor-1, human X-box binding protein-1, nuclear factor kappa B, nucleophosmin, estrogen receptor-alpha, and progesterone receptor” International Journal of Oncology. 28, 67-76.
27. Bouker KB, Skaar TC, Harburger DS, Riggins RB, Fernandez DR, Zwart A, Wang A and Clarke R. (2005) “Tumor Suppressor Activities of Interferon Regulatory Factor-1 in Human Breast Cancer Cells” Carcinogenesis 26(9):1527-1535.
28. Wang A, Gehan EA. (2005) “Gene selection for microarray classification using principal component analysis”, Statistics in Medicine, 24, 2069-2087.
29. Asatiani E, Huang W, Wang A, Haddad B, Rodriguez E, Gelmann EP. (2005) “Deletion, Methylation, and Expression of the NKX3.1 Suppressor Gene in Primary Human Prostate Cancer.’’ Cancer Research, 65, 4, 1164-1173.
30. Oakes D, Wang A (2003) “A copula model generated by Dabrowska’s association measure”. Biometrika, 90, 478-481.