JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS (*graduate student or postdoctoral-student)
1. E. Kibis*, İ. Esra Büyüktahtakın, Robert G. Haight, Najmaddin Akhundov*, Kathleen Knight, and Charlie Flower, A Multistage Stochastic Programming Approach to the Optimal Surveillance and Control of the Emerald Ash Borer in Cities , Accepted for publication in INFORMS Journal on Computing, 2020.
2. Sabah Bushaj*, İ. Esra Büyüktahtakın, Denys Yemshanov, and Robert G. Haight, Optimizing surveillance and management of emerald ash borer in urban environments, Accepted for publication in Natural Resources Modeling, 2020, DOI: 10.1111/nrm.12267.
3. Sevilay Onal*, Najmaddin Akhundov*, İ. Esra Büyüktahtakın, Jennifer Smith*, Gregory R. Houseman, An integrated simulation-optimization framework to optimize search and treatment path for controlling a biological invader, International Journal of Production Economics, 222, 107507, 2020.
4. E. Kibis* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Optimizing Multi-Modal Cancer Treatment under 3D Spatio-Temporal Tumor Growth, Mathematical Biosciences, 307:53-69, 2019.
5. O. Cosgun* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Stochastic Dynamic Resource Allocation for HIV Prevention and Treatment: An Approximate Dynamic Programming Approach, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 118, 423-439, 2018.
6. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, J. C. Smith, and J. C. Hartman, Partial objective inequalities for the multi-item capacitated lot-sizing problem, Computers & Operations Research, 91, 132-144, 2018.
7. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın and R. G. Haight, A review of operations research models in invasive species management: state of the art, challenges, and future directions, Annals of Operations Research, 271 (2), 357403, 2018.
8. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, E. des-Bordes*, and E. Kibis*, A New Epidemics-Logistics Model: Insights into Controlling the Ebola Virus Disease in West Africa, European Journal of Operational Research, 265 (3), 1046-1063, 2018.
· Selected as Finalist for the 2019 INFORMS MIF Best Paper Competition
9. M. M. Hasan*, İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, and E. Elamin, A Multi-Criteria Ranking Algorithm for Determining Breast Cancer Therapy, The International Journal of Management Science: OMEGA, 82, 83-101, 2019.
10. Sachin G. Argade*, Visvakumar Aravinthan, İ. Esra Büyüktahtakın, and Siny Joseph, Performance and Consumer Satisfaction-Based Bi-Level Tariff Scheme for EV Charging as a Virtual Power Plant, accepted for publication for IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 2018.
11. H. I. Cobuloglu* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, A Mixed-Integer Optimization Model for the Economic and Environmental Analysis of Biomass Production, Biomass and Bioenergy, 67, 823, 2014 (IF: 3.249).
· Won 2015 INFORMS ENRE Best Publication Award in Environment & Sustainability
12. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, J. C. Smith, J. C. Hartman, and S. Luo, Parallel Asset Replacement Problem under Economies of Scale with Multiple Challengers, The Engineering Economist, 59 (4), 237258, 2014.
· Recognized as the Featured Article of the ISE Magazine of the IISE, May 2015
13. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın and J. C. Hartman, A Mixed-Integer Programming Approach to the Parallel Replacement Problem under Technological Change, International Journal of Production Research, 54(3), 680-695, 2016.
· Selected as Finalist for 2017 INFORMS MIF Best Paper Competition
14. E. Kibis* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Optimizing Invasive Species Management: A Mixed-Integer Linear Programming Approach, European Journal of Operational Research, 259, 308-321, 2017.
15. H. I. Cobuloglu* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, A Two-Stage Stochastic Mixed-Integer Programming Approach for the Analysis of Biofuel and Food Production, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 107, 251-263, 2017.
16. Z. Quick*, G. Houseman, and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Assessing the Importance of Wind and Mammals as Seed Dispersal Vectors in an Invasive Legume, Weed Research, 57(1), 35-43, 2017.
17. E. des-Bordes* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Optimizing capital investments under technological change and deterioration: A case study on MRI machine replacement, The Engineering Economist, 62 (1), 105-131, 2017.
18. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın and N. Liu*, Dynamic Programming Approximation Algorithms for the Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem, Journal of Global Optimization, 65(2), 231-259, 2016.
19. H. I. Cobuloglu* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Food vs Biofuel: An Optimization Approach to the Spatio-Temporal Analysis of Land-Use Competition and Environmental Impacts, Applied Energy, 140, 418434, 2015 (IF: 5.746).
20. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, E. Kibis*, H. I. Cobuloglu*, G. R. Houseman, and J. T. Lampe**, An Age-Structured Bio-Economic Model of Invasive Species Management: Insights and Strategies for Optimal Control, Biological Invasions, 17, 25452563, 2015 (IF: 2.855).
21. Alperen Kantas*, H. Cobuloglu*, and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, "Multi-source Capacitated Lot-sizing for Economically Viable and Clean Biofuel Production, Journal of Cleaner Production, 94, 116129, 2015 (IF: 4.959).
22. H. I. Cobuloglu* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, A Stochastic Multi-criteria Decision Analysis for Sustainable Biomass Crop Selection, Expert Systems with Applications, 42(1516), 60656074, 2015 (IF: 2.981).
23. İ.E. Büyüktahtakin, Z. Feng*, A.D. Olsson, G. Frisvold and F. Szidarovszky, Invasive Species Control Optimization as a Dynamic Spatial Process: An Application to Buffelgrass (Pennisetum ciliare) in Arizona, Invasive Plant Science and Management, 7(1), 132146, 2014.
24. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Z. Feng*, and F. Szidarovszky, A Multi-Objective Optimization Model for Invasive Species Control, Journal of Operational Research Society, 65, 16251635, 2014.
25. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Z. Feng*, F. Szidarovszky, G. Frisvold, Invasive Species Control Based on a Cooperative Game, Applied Mathematics, 4(10B), 5459, 2013.
26. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Z. Feng*, F. Szidarovszky, G. Frisvold, and A. Olsson, A Dynamic Model of Controlling Invasive Species, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 62, 33263333, 2011.
27. B. Song, İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, S. Ranka, and T. Kahveci, Manipulating the Steady State of Metabolic Pathways, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 8(3), 732747, 2011.
28. J. C. Hartman, İ. E. Büyüktahtakın and J. C. Smith, Dynamic-Programming-Based Inequalities for the Capacitated Lot-sizing Problem, IIE Transactions, 42(12), 915930, 2010.
REFEREED BOOK CHAPTERS
1. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Dynamic Programming via Linear Programming, in Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, pp. 15611566, 2011.
2. B. Song, İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, N. Bandyopadhyay, S. Ranka, and T. Kahveci, Identifying Enzyme Knockout Strategies on Multiple Enzyme Associations, in BioinformaticsTrends and Methodologies, ed. Mahmood A. Mahdavi, pp. 353370, ISBN: 978-953-307-282-1, InTech, 2011.
1. E. Y. Kibis*, İ. E. Büyüktahtakin, and Ali Dag, Data Analytics Approaches for Breast Cancer Survivability: Comparison of Data Mining Methods, Submitted to the Proceedings of the 2017 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC), Pittsburgh, PA, May 2017.
2. E. Y. Kibis* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakin, A Review of Optimization Models on Invasive Species Management, Proceedings of the 2016 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC), Anaheim, CA, May 2016.
3. M. M. Hasan*, İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, and E. Elamin, Defining Multiple Criteria for Selecting an Effective Treatment Plan for Breast Cancer, Proceedings of the 2016 ISERC, Anaheim, CA, May 2016.
4. E. des-Bordes* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakin, Optimal Replacement Strategies for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning Machines with Energy Concerns, Proceedings of the International Conference on Agriculture, Environment and Biological Sciences (ICFAE14), Antalya, Turkey, June 2014
o Won the Best Paper Award
5. E. Y. Kibis* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakin, Simulating Treatment Strategies for Invasive Species Control under Dispersal Uncertainty, Proceedings of the ICFAE14, Antalya, Turkey, June 2014.
6. H. I. Cobuloglu* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, A Review of Lignocellulosic Biomass and Biofuel Supply Chain Models, Proceedings of the 2014 ISERC, Montreal, Canada, May 2014.
7. H. I. Cobuloglu* and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, A Multi-Criteria Approach for Biomass Crop Selection under Fuzzy Environment, Proceedings of the 2014 ISERC, Montreal, Canada, May 2014.
8. H. Vali*, M. B. Yildirim, İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, and D. Malzahn, Cash Flow Optimization in a Multi-Project Environment, Proceedings of the 2012 ISERC, Orlando, FL, May 2012.
9. T. Lampe** and İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, An Energy Efficient Health-Care Asset Replacement Model Including Multiple Asset Types, Proceedings of the 2012 ISERC, Orlando, FL, May 2012.
10. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın, Z. Feng*, G. Frisvold and F. Szidarovszky, A Game Theoretical Approach to Invasive Species Management, Proceedings of the 2011 IERC, Reno, NV, 2011.
11. İ. E. Büyüktahtakın and J. C. Hartman, Parallel Replacement Problem under Technological Change and Deterioration, Proceedings of the 2009 Industrial Engineering Research Conference (IERC), Miami, FL, 2009.