- Lecture: A Short Course in Information Theory by David J. C. MacKay
Freely downloadable books on information theory:
- R. M. Gray: Entropy and Information Theory, Springer Verlag, 1991
- D. J. C. MacKay: Information Theory, Inference, and Learning Algorithms, Cambridge University Press, 2003
- IEEE Information Theory Student Resources
- Claude E. Shannon's seminal paper: A mathematical theory of communications. The Bell System Technical Journal, Vol. 27, pp. 379-423, July 1948, pp. 623-656, October 1948.
- Video: Claude Shannon – Father of the Information Age