Back to Ahn’s research home page
List of Publications
Keun Hyuk "Ken" Ahn
Total number of citations: 1783 (updated in May 2018)
H-index: 18 (18 papers are cited 18 times or more)
1 paper, published in Nature in 2004, has been cited over 400 times.
1 paper has been cited between 200-300 times.
2 papers have been cited between 100-200 times
Publications (Ahn and his students' names are underlined.)
Publication 14 in Nature was featured in News and Views article in Nature Materials and in Los Alamos News Release.
37. Flat Energy Bands within Antiphase and Twin Boundaries and at Open Edges in Topological Materials
L. Zhu, E. Prodan, and K. H. Ahn, arXiv:1807.10778.
Published at NJIT
36. Photoinduced Nonequilibrium Dynamics in Charge Ordered Materials
L. Zhu, T. F. Seman, M. van Veenendaal, and K. H. Ahn, J. Appl. Phys. 123, 115112 (2018). (Supplemental material: Video 1, Video 2)
35. Pressure dependent structural changes and predicted electrical polarization in perovskite RMnO3
T. Wu, H. Chen, P. Gao, T. Yu, Z. Chen, Z. Liu, K. H. Ahn, X. Wang, S.-W. Cheong, T. A. Tyson, J. Phys. Condens. Matter 28, 056005 (2016).
34. Absence of significant structural changes near the magnetic ordering temperature in small-ion rare earth perovskite RMnO3
T. Yu, T. A. Tyson, H. Y. Chen, A. M. M. Abeykoon, Y.-S. Chen, K. H. Ahn, J. Phys. Condens. Matter 26, 495402 (2014).
33. Momentum dependence in K-edge resonant inelastic x-ray scattering and its application to screening dynamics in CE-phase La0.5Sr1.5MnO4
T. F. Seman, X. Liu, J. P. Hill, M. van Veenendaal, K. H. Ahn, Phys. Rev. B 90, 45111 (2014).
32. Role of complex energy landscapes and strains in multiscale inhomogeneities in perovskite manganites
K. H. Ahn, T. F. Seman, T. Lookman, and A. R. Bishop, Phys. Rev. B 88, 144415 (2013).
31. Strongly momentum-dependent screening dynamics in La0.5Sr1.5MnO4 observed with resonant inelastic x-ray scattering
X. Liu,T. F. Seman, K. H. Ahn, M. van Veenendaal, D. Casa, D. Prabhakaran, A. T. Boothroyd, H. Ding, and J. P. Hill, Phys. Rev. B 87 - Rapid Commun., 201103(R) (2013).
30. Symmetry-mode-based atomic scale formalism of lattice dynamics
T. F. Seman, J. Moon, and K. H. Ahn, Emerging Materials Research 2, 5-16 (2013).
29. Effects of rare earth ion size on the stability of the coherent Jahn-Teller distortions in undoped perovskite manganites
T. F. Seman, K. H. Ahn, T. Lookman, A. Saxena, A. R. Bishop, and P. B. Littlewood, Phys. Rev. B 86, 184106 (2012).
28. Far-infrared spectra of the magnetic exchange resonances and optical phonons and their connection to magnetic and dielectric properties of Dy3Fe5O12 garnet
T. D. Kang, E. C. Standard, P. D. Rogers, K. H. Ahn, A. A. Sirenko, A. Dubroka and C. Bernhard, S. Park, Y. J. Choi, and S.-W. Cheong, Phys. Rev. B 86, 144112 (2012).
27. Measurements and ab initio molecular dynamics simulations of the high temperature ferroelectric transition in hexagonal RMnO3
T. A. Tyson, T. Wu, H. Y. Chen, J. Bai, K. H. Ahn, K. I. Pandya, S. B. Kim, and S.- W. Cheong, J. Appl. Phys. 110, 084116 (2011).
26. High-pressure structural stability of multiferroic hexagonal RMnO3 (R=Y, Ho, Lu)
P. Gao, Z. Chen, T. A. Tyson, T. Wu, K. H. Ahn, Z. Liu, R. Tappero, S. B. Kim, and S.- W. Cheong, Phys. Rev. B 83, 224113 (2011). (Cited 17 times)
25. Adjusted oscillator strength matching for hybrid magnetic and electric excitations in Dy3Fe5O12 garnet
P. D. Rogers,Y. J. Choi, E. C. Standard, T. D. Kang, K. H. Ahn, A. Dubroka, P. Marsik, Ch. Wang, C. Bernhard, S. Park, S.-W. Cheong, M. Kotelyanskii, and A. A. Sirenko, Phys. Rev. B 83, 174407 (2011). (Cited 11 times)
[Selected for Editors' Suggestions]
24. Coupling between magnon and ligand-field excitations in magnetoelectric Tb3Fe5O12 garnet
T. D. Kang, E. Standard, K. H. Ahn, A. A. Sirenko, G. L. Carr, S. Park, Y. J. Choi, M. Ramazanoglu, V. Kiryukhin, S-W. Cheong, Phys. Rev. B 82, 014414 (2010). (Cited 17 times)
23. Origin of the non-linear pressure effects in perovskite manganites: Buckling of Mn-O-Mn bonds and Jahn-Teller distortion of the MnO6 octahedra induced by pressure
Z. Chen, T. A. Tyson, K. H. Ahn, Z. Zhong, and J. Hu, J. of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 322, 3049 (2010).
22. Local spin-coupled distortions in multiferroic hexagonal HoMnO3
T. A. Tyson, T. Wu, K. H. Ahn, S.-B. Kim, and S.-W. Cheong, Phys. Rev. B 81, 054101 (2010). (Cited 18 times)
21. Dynamics and spectral weights of shake-up valence excitations in transition metal K-edge resonant inelastic x-ray scattering
K. H. Ahn, A. J. Fedro, and M. van Veenendaal, Phys. Rev. B 79, 045103 (2009).
20. Infrared-active excitations related to Ho3+ ligand-field splitting at the commensurate-incommensurate magnetic phase transition in HoMn2O5
A. A. Sirenko, S. M. O’Malley, K. H. Ahn, S. Park, G. L. Carr, and S-W. Cheong, Phys. Rev. B 78, 174405 (2008). (cited 10 times)
19. Epitaxial checkerboard arrangement of nanorods in ZnMnGaO4 films studied by x-ray diffraction
S. M. O'Malley, P. L. Bonanno, K. H. Ahn, A. A. Sirenko, A. Kazimirov, S. Park, and S-W. Cheong, Phys. Rev. B 78, 165424 (2008).
18. Nematic domains and resistivity in an itinerant metamagnet coupled to phonons
H. Doh, Y. B. Kim, and K. H. Ahn, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 126407 (2007). (Cited 19 times)
17. Observation of strain and temperature induced changes in the band structure of thin La0.8MaO3-d films
T. A. Tyson, Q. Qing, M. A. DeLeon, C. Dubourdieu, L. Fratila, Y. Q. Cai, and K. H. Ahn, Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 101915 (2007)
Published before NJIT
16. Electronic properties of structural twin and antiphase boundaries in materials with strong electron-lattice couplings
K. H. Ahn, T. Lookman, A. Saxena and A. R. Bishop, Phys. Rev. B 71, 212102 (2005). (Cited 15 times)
15. Coherent optical and acoustic phonon generation correlated to charge ordering phase transition in La1-xCaxMnO3
D. Lim, V. K. Thorsmølle, R. D. Averitt, Q. X. Jia, K. H. Ahn, M. J. Graf , S. A. Trugman and A. J. Taylor, Phys. Rev. B 71, 134403 (2005). (Cited 28 times)
14. Strain-induced metal-insulator phase coexistence in perovskite manganites
K. H. Ahn, T. Lookman and A. R. Bishop, Nature 428, 401 (2004). (Cited 435 times)
[Featured in “News & Views” article, "The third way, N. Mathur and P. Littlewood, Nature Materials 3, 207 (2004)", and in the Los Alamos News Bulletin. Invited for 2005 APS March Meeting and 2005 Magnetism and Magentic Materials Conference.]
13. Ultrafast quasiparticle relaxation dynamics in normal metals and heavy fermion materials
K. H. Ahn, M. J. Graf, S. A. Trugman, J. Demsar, R. D. Averitt, J. L. Sarrao and A. J. Taylor, Phys. Rev. B 69, 045114 (2004). (Cited 31 times)
[Included in Virtual Journal of Ultrafast Science 3, Issue 2 (2004)]
12. Strain selection of charge and orbital ordering patterns in half-doped manganites
M. J. Calderón, A. J. Millis and K. H. Ahn, Phys. Rev. B 68 - Rapid Comm., 100401 (2003).(Cited 52 times)
11. Atomic scale lattice distortions and domain wall profiles
K. H. Ahn, T. Lookman, A. Saxena and A. R. Bishop, Phys. Rev. B 68, 092101 (2003). (Cited 24 times)
10. Elasticity-driven nanoscale electronic structure in superconductors
J.-X. Zhu, K. H. Ahn, Z. Nussinov, T. Lookman, A. V. Balatsky and A. R. Bishop, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 057004 (2003).(Cited 23 times)
9. Quasiparticle relaxation dynamics in heavy fermion compounds
J. Demsar, R. D. Averitt, K. H. Ahn, M. J. Graf, S. A. Trugman, V. V. Kabanov, J. L. Sarrao and A. J. Taylor, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 027401 (2003).(Cited 47 times)
[Included in Virtual Journal of Ultrafast Science 2, Issue 8 (2003)]
8. Superconductivity in magnetically ordered CeTe1.82
M. H. Jung, A. Alsmadi, H. C. Kim, Y. Bang, K. H. Ahn, K. Umeo, A. H. Lacerda, H. Nakotte, H. C. Ri and T. Takabatake, Phys. Rev. B 67, 212504 (2003). (Cited 18 times)
7. Ground state properties of ferromagnetic metal/conjugated polymer interfaces
S. J. Xie, K. H. Ahn, D. L. Smith, A. R. Bishop and A. Saxena, Phys. Rev. B 67, 125202 (2003). (Cited 78 times)
6. Effects of the uniaxial strain in LaMnO3
K. H. Ahn and A. J. Millis, Phys. Rev. B 64, 115103 (2001).(Cited 48 times)
5. Effects of magnetic ordering on the anisotropy and temperature dependence of the optical conductivity in LaMnO3: a tight binding approach
K. H. Ahn and A. J. Millis, Phys. Rev. B 61, 13545 (2000). (Cited 74 times)
4. Optical conductivity of manganites: Crossover from Jahn-Teller small polaron to coherent transport in the ferromagnetic state
M. Quijada, J. Černe, J. R. Simpson, H. D. Drew, K. H. Ahn, A. J. Millis, R. Shreekala, R. Ramesh, M. Rajeswari and T. Venkatesan, Phys. Rev. B 58, 16093 (1998). (Cited 186 times)
3. Interplay of charge and orbital ordering in manganese perovskites
K. H. Ahn and A. J. Millis, Phys. Rev. B 58, 3697 (1998). (Cited 53 times)
2. Magnetic properties and colossal magnetoresistance of La(Ca)MnO3 materials doped with Fe
K. H. Ahn, X. W. Wu, K. Liu and C. L. Chien, Phys. Rev. B 54, 15299 (1996). (Cited 284 times)
1. Charge ordering and magnetoresistance in Nd1-xCaxMnO3 due to reduced double exchange
K. Liu, X. W. Wu, K. H. Ahn, T. Sulchek, C. L. Chien and J. Q. Xiao, Phys. Rev. B 54, 3007 (1996). (Cited 120 times)
Conference Proceedings, Magazine Articles and Book Chapters
Published at NJIT
11. Role of Complex Energy Landscapes and Strains in Multiscale Inhomogeneities in Perovskite Manganites
K. H. Ahn, T. F. Seman, T. Lookman, and A. R. Bishop, TMS 2015 Annual Meeting Supplemental Proceedings, 545 (2015).
10. Reverse resistance switching in polycrystalline Nb2O5 films
Y. Jo, H. Sim, H. Hwang, K. Ahn, M.-H. Jung, Thin Solid Films 518, 5676 (2010).
9. Self-Assembled nano-checkerboard thin films studied by reciprocal space mapping at CHESS
S. M. O'Malley, P. L. Bonanno, K. H. Ahn, A. A. Sirenko, A. Kazimirov, M. Tanimura, T. Asada, S. Park, Y. Horibe, and S.-W. Cheong, CHESS News Magazine 2009, 48 (2009).
Published before NJIT
8. Model for strain-induced metal-insulator phase coexistence in colossal magnetoresistive perovskite manganites (Invited)
K. H. Ahn, T. Lookman, and A. R. Bishop, J. Appl. Phys. 99, 08A703 (2006).
7. Basic properties of spin injection and transport in ferromagnetic/polymer systems
S. J. Xie, J. F. Ren, J. Y. Fu, K. H. Ahn, D. L. Smith, A. R. Bishop and A. Saxena, a book chapter in Progress in Ferromagnetism Research, Nova Science Publisher (2005).
6. Atomic scale elastic textures coupled to electrons in superconductors
K. H. Ahn, J.-X. Zhu, Z. Nussinov, T. Lookman, A. Saxena, A. V. Balatsky and A. R. Bishop, J. Superconductivity 17, 7 (2004).
5. Effects of in-plane strain on magnetism in LaMnO3 thin films
K. H. Ahn and A. J. Millis, Int. J. of Modern Physics 16, 3281 (2002).
4. Effects of in-plane strain on orbital ordering and magnetism in LaMnO3 thin film
K. H. Ahn and A. J. Millis, Physica B 312-313, 766 (2002).
3. Effects of in-plane strain on magnetism in LaMnO3 thin films
K. H. Ahn and A. J. Millis, Proceedings of Physical Phenomena at High Magnetic Fields – IV, 389 (2001).
2. Optical and magnetic property of LaMnO3
K. H. Ahn and A. J. Millis, J. Appl. Phys. 87, 5013 (2000).
1. Effects of Fe doping in the colossal magnetoresistive La1-xCaxMnO3
K. H. Ahn, X. W. Wu, K. Liu and C. L. Chien, J. Appl. Phys. 81, 5505 (1997). (Cited 99 times)