Ph.D. in Decision Sciences, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1990
IM: (AOL/Google/Skype/Yahoo) profbieber
4104 GITC (Guttenberg Information Technology Center)
IS Department, NJIT
University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102-1982
(driving directions and maps)
telephone: +1 973 596-2681
(for when I'm in my office; otherwise please only send email or IM...)
facsimilie: +1 973 596-2986
Michael Bieber is a Professor and the Associate Chair for the Information Systems Department of the College of Computing Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology. He teaches both on-campus and in the distance learning program, often combining the students in both modes.
Dr. Bieber is conducting research in several related areas: lightweight systems integration, digital library integration,hypermedia functionality and link-based services, automatically generating hypermedia links and services for analytical applications and for digital libraries, Web engineering, incorporating hypermedia into WWW applications, relationship analysis (as part of the software engineering process), participatory learning, peer assessment, supporting knowledge and learning within virtual communities, asynchronous learning networks and distance education, and infrastructures for future educational software. He has published many articles in these and other areas. He also is active in several of these research communities, co-organizing conference minitracks and co-editing special journal issues.
Dr. Bieber holds a Ph.D. in Decision Sciences from the University of Pennsylvania. Further information about Dr. Bieber may be found at http://web.njit.edu/~bieber. He may be contacted at email@example.com.
Publications, Research Links and CV, etc. [many need updating]
- Curriculum Vita (November 2010)
- Leadership in Education and Service (2005)
- Teaching Statement (2002)
- Publications, Research Interests, Presentations & Potential Ph.D. Topics
- Full Citation List (as of October 2004)
I am typically on campus Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please check my calendar for availability. My official office hours are listed at the NJIT directory, or just come by if my calendar shows me available. Feel free to contact me online through IM. If I do not answer, then please try back 1/2 hour later. For my office location see the contact section above.
My course materials are available for registered students at the NJIT Moodle site. Below are syllabi for current and recent courses.
- Video: What is Information Systems?
- Primer: How to Referee Articles
- Primer: How to Write an Article Critique or Article Review
- Primer: Becoming Well Known (under revision)
- Presentation: Publishing Journal Articles
- Presentation: PhD Job Hunting Notes
- Presentation: Excelling as a PhD Student
- Handout: What Professors Do
- Team-based Learning: see the materials for CIS677 (Spring 2005)