- Spring 2014, Monday 10:00 am-12:55 pm, 115 ECEC
- Spring 2015, Tuesday 11:30 am-2:25 pm, 115 ECEC
Dr. Joerg Kliewer
Phone: (973) 596-3519
E-mail: jkliewer ATT njit DOTT edu
Office hours: Wednesday 1:30-3:30 pm
A. Leon-Garcia: Probability and Random Processes (third edition), Pearson Education, 2008.
- S. Kay: Intuitive Probability and Random Processes using MATLAB, Springer, 2005 (see here for a draft of the book)
- A. Papoulis and S. U. Pillai: Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes, McGraw-Hill, 2002
- H. Stark and J. W. Woods: Probability and Random Processes with Applications to Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, 2002
- D. P. Bertsekas and J. N. Tsitsiklis: Introduction to Probability (second edition), Athena Scientific, 2008
- Homework/Quizzes 15%
- Midterm 1 25%
- Midterm 2 25%
- Final 35%
Grading policy: There is no grace period for homework, late submissions cannot be accepted (absolutely no exceptions).
We will be using Piazza for class discussion. The system is highly catered to getting you fast help from classmates and myself. Rather than emailing questions to me, I encourage you to post your questions on Piazza. Find our class page here.
- Midterm 1: Tuesday, Feb. 24, beginning of class
- Midterm 2: Tuesday, Apr. 7, beginning of class
- Final exam: TBD (comprehensive)